Hi Star, it has been a stressful couple of days, and yes, I missed writing the posts for the past two weeks. Frankly, anything I say will sound like an excuse, but I fell sick with uvulitis and had a migraine.
Even while being unwell, I couldn’t completely put everything on hold. I enrolled in more courses, watched both old and new Asian dramas, had a money talk with my friend, started being active on Upwork, applied to 20 remote community manager roles with 9-to-5 schedules, sent out 6 Upwork proposals, conducted 1-on-1 cybersecurity career coaching for 10 individuals, my dad fell sick, and to top it off, my laptop hinge broke apart when I went back to school.
Looking back at the previous weeks, I cannot pinpoint exactly where everything went kaboom. But honestly, it was to be expected seeing as I am not good at selling myself.
It has been quite some time since I felt genuinely happy; instead, I have been consumed by an overwhelming emptiness. Please note that I am not experiencing suicidal thoughts, nor do I feel lost. I am aware of what I should do, and I am not physically exhausted. It’s just this pervasive feeling of emptiness that I am grappling with.
On The Blog: Missed Episode 1 update, You can catch up: Diary Of An Ambitious Hermit Episode 1
Over the past years, I have experienced seasonal depression, so the sensation of emptiness is not unfamiliar to me. However, what sets this episode apart is something I am questioning. I understand that you may suggest that my lack of sleep is a contributing factor, but I doubt that is the case. I ensure that I sleep for 7 hours on weekdays and 9 hours on weekends.
Week In Review
Academic and School
I am currently working on my dissertation which will be published at the end of the program. currently, I am 70% done with chapters 1 and 2, did my proposal defence. The next step is to work on chapters 3 and 4 so that I could do my progress defence in July.
I became more active on Twitter, engaging with community members and participating in conversations. It was a great opportunity to connect with others and exchange ideas. Additionally, I had the chance to read several interesting blog posts, gaining insights from other bloggers in the community. Furthermore, I dedicated time to writing and completing “Diary of Ambitious Hermit Episode 2,” adding another episode to the ongoing series. It was fulfilling to express my thoughts and creativity through my writing.
Mental and Physical Health
The week began with a debilitating migraine and uvulitis that persisted for more than five days, greatly hindering my ability to concentrate on work and carry out my daily activities. Fortunately, with a combination of traditional and modern medication, my migraine and uvulitis started to subside. However, despite this improvement, the overwhelming sense of emptiness that had taken hold of me remained unchanged.
In terms of work, I faced some challenges and was unable to make significant progress toward my ambitious goals. However, I dedicated time to important tasks such as applying for jobs, honing my Excel skills, and taking on new challenges. The process has been a mix of excitement and intimidation, as I navigate new opportunities and push myself out of my comfort zone.
Unfortunately, my health issues slowed me down, preventing me from achieving as much as I had hoped. Despite this setback, I have managed to secure three job interviews for the upcoming week, which brings a sense of optimism. Additionally, I provided one-on-one cybersecurity consultations to 10 individuals who were new to the field. It was rewarding to share my knowledge and guide them in their cybersecurity journey.
Furthermore, I joined the Slack community hosted by CMX, aimed at community managers or builders, providing me with a valuable platform to connect with like-minded professionals and expand my network.
Fun and Entertainment
Despite the migraines and uvulitis, I found moments of enjoyment through entertainment. I made time to watch some dramas, trying my best to catch up on the ones I had planned to finish before the end of the month. Additionally, I was able to start reading this week, immersing myself in the pages of a book and indulging in the joy of storytelling. Despite the hurdles I faced, I found solace and relaxation in these activities, allowing me to momentarily escape from the difficulties of my health issues.
- The Good Bad Mother: Finished watching Episode 18 and I will always say that every actor in this drama deserves recognition and the children were not left alone.
- Be My Favorite: After watching the first episode, I’ve decided to hold off on continuing for now. The storyline revolves around the male lead who, with the ability to turn back time, explores his past to rectify his regrets. I’m eagerly anticipating when I’ll resume watching the series to see how the time travel element unfolds and how it impacts the characters’ lives.
- Dr Romantic S03: I couldn’t resist starting this drama, even though it hasn’t finished airing yet. I’m currently on episode 10, eagerly waiting for the remaining episodes to be released. As a big fan of surgery, I appreciate how each medical case is wrapped up within three episodes, providing a sense of closure and keeping the storyline engaging. The drama has managed to capture my interest, and I’m excited to see how the rest of the season unfolds.
- Mei Gongqing: This is a book that I am currently reading and I am opportune to read the English translation. With over 200 chapters, this novel presents a unique perspective on the concept of rebirth. What sets it apart is its commitment to realism, accurately depicting the timeline and mindset of the characters within their historical context.
I learned the importance of accepting my limitations, being kind to myself, and not pushing beyond my boundaries when it’s detrimental to my well-being due to health issues.
Despite facing difficulties, I found solace and enjoyment in watching Asian dramas and reading. This serves as a reminder for readers to find moments of joy and engage in activities that bring them happiness, even during challenging times.
Want to find out more in a tiny bit as my day goes, follow Novellisteer on Twitter
- Have you ever experienced a similar feeling of emptiness and how did you cope with it?
- Did you encounter any unexpected obstacles or setbacks this week and how did you overcome them?
- Are there any specific experiences from this episode that resonated with you, and why?