I cannot believe I am writing this as it is something I had always wanted to start yet I could not decide if I should make this private and available for specific people or delete it from my idea. yet look at me after 15 months of indecisiveness I had decided to start this series and give it the name “Diary of An Ambitious Hermit Episode”.
Diary of An Ambitious Hermit Episode will be a weekly blog post, where I talk or rather give up an update on the good, the bad, the ugly, and the best of what had happened in my life each week (Monday to Sunday) and it will be published every Sunday before 23:30 PM WAT.
Through each diary entry, you “the readers” will get a glimpse into the inner workings of my mind as she sets and achieves goals, grapples with social interactions, and strives to maintain a work-life balance that works for me.
As an introvert, I spent most of my time alone, reading, working, learning, writing, and pursuing anything that caught my interest. However, I also understand the importance of building meaningful relationships and networking in life. Throughout the series, you will see me work to balance all the aspects of my life and overcome any obstacles that come my way.
“Diary of an Ambitious Hermit” is a relatable and inspiring series for anyone who is ambitious and driven, but also values alone time and self-reflection.
This series will highlight the challenges and rewards of pursuing one’s goals while staying true to oneself and encourages readers to embrace their unique strengths and personalities as they navigate their own paths.
Why the name
The Diary of Ambitious Hermit is a perfect name for me, as I am an introverted person who enjoys spending time alone while pursuing goals and I do seek a simple, isolated lifestyle.
The name “Ambitious Hermit” incorporates the idea of a “hermit,” commonly associated with seclusion and a solitary lifestyle, with the addition of the word “ambitious,” which emphasizes the drive and determination to succeed. This name implies that the series will provide insight into the life of a highly motivated and focused individual who chooses to pursue their dreams in their own unique way.
Week in Review
Academic and School
Currently, I am working on three research papers that will be published at the end of the course. I finished all corrections for the second paper and submitted it to the journal.
Please wish me luck with getting it accepted. Additionally, I created three diagrams for Chapter 3 and researched the most suitable algorithms to address the problem in insider threat datasets related to data balancing.
For this week, even though I have plans to check off some tasks for novellisteer I was only able to write and publish this blog post.
Mental and Physical Health
I started the week off with a migraine that lasted for two days, making it difficult to focus on work and daily activities. Thankfully, with some rest and an energy drink, the migraine subsided and I was feeling a bit better on Wednesday until Thursday morning when I had something called uvulitis.
By Thursday night, I was asking God to take me, I was literally tired at this point and I was financially broke at this point.
Aside from the 7 days of migraine, uvulitis and catarrh, I’ve been practising the couch stretch, glute bridge holds, RKC plank and yoga in the mornings, which has helped me to feel more centred and calm throughout the day.
In terms of my work, I’ve been making progress towards my ambitious goals. I’ve been focusing on building my skills and taking on new challenges, which has been both exciting and intimidating at times. However, I’m determined to keep pushing myself and reaching for my goals.
But due to my health, I was not productive as I wish. Even though I had not gotten a new 9 to 5 job, I start taking some Excel courses on Coursera.
Fun and Entertainment
It’s weird, but even though I experienced both migraine and uvulitis, I still managed to listen to a drama. Yes, if you don’t know, my way of watching a drama is unique as I focus more on the sound than the video. Fortunately, the migraine didn’t cause sound sensitivity unless it was at night, for this reason, I was able to catch up on some drama episodes. But I could not do any reading cause my eyesight got affected.
Oh No! Here Comes Trouble: Watched episodes 11 and 12 of this drama, which was the final episode. The series excelled in its storyline, acting, pacing, and humour. Although the first episode started off slow, I was pleasantly surprised by how it quickly picked up and every subsequent episode delivered exceptionally until the end.
Love Syndrome III: Honestly, I have no idea why am still watching this series despite the many red flag and toxicity there. But I do have to say I am not watching the full episode as the fast-forward option become my best friend here.
Who Is He: This was interesting to see how they solve crime in the 90s before technology, and this drama shows that something a criminal does not need a strong motive before carrying out a crime, Even though I do have an issue with some characters.
- I experienced two challenges in the academic aspect of my life. The first challenge was my lack of knowledge to merge all five datasets required for my implementation, I got stuck while attempting to do so. Secondly, I could not update Chapter 3 as a certain section dependent on the dataset.
- On Monday, I woke up feeling like I was going to conquer my key result for that day until I receive a quit notice from the hostel management. Which stress me out and I end up experiencing migraine for 2 days straight.
- Due to the migraine, I was not able to get 2 nights of proper sleep. Rolling on the floor asking God to take me away, gosh I am currently laughing at myself.
Read On The Blog: Tips To Help You Bounce Back From Job Rejection.
- Overall, this week has been a reminder of the importance of taking care of oneself and pushing forward towards one’s ambitions, even in the face of obstacles like migraines. I’m grateful for the support and resources that have helped me to navigate this week and look forward to what the future holds.
- Do you have any thing on navigating migrain?
- Did you find the experiences of this episode? Have you ever felt the same way?
- What did you learn from the first episode of the diary of ambitious hermit? Did it give you any insights or perspectives on your own life?
- What do you think the i can do to overcome the challenges they faced in the episode? Do you have any advice for them?