Hi, it’s 2023 – Happy New Year to you, my love.
You know 2022, was the year that I started healing by making sure I bought 12 physical books rather than digital ones.
I am here to tell you that I did buy 20 books. Still, only 15 books as five of them got lost before they reached me (was pretty upset about this and that the seller did not take proper action to make sure the book got to me, so I swear off buying books online except Amazon cause they actually care).
Another thing, is that I am a lover of books since I was 5 years old, but due to certain actions — I only start building my physical library in 2022 yet that did not stop me from reading books and along the line, I notice the stigma that exists for those who are not reader’s but book collector — which should not be so.
There is too much competition on how many books you read that we tend to forget that we are human which means we read every day. Going to write a blog post on this topic later.
Let talk about the books that will be released in 2023, after much deliberation I decided to categorize them in months and this means I will update the list regularly.
- This list is not exhaustive as there are tons of books that we did not include. The best way to stay up to date with new books throughout the year is by subscribing to our newsletter here.
- Each book listed below was carefully selected and a link will be provided along with the image.
- Please remember that for all 2023 book releases, publishing dates are subject to change.
- The Last Hours #3 Chain of Thorn this book is the conclusion to the Last Hours series from the author Cassandra Clare where James and Cordelia must save London—and their marriage.
- Song of Silver, Flame Like Night is an epic fantasy series inspired by the mythology and folklore of ancient China of one girl who carries the key to discovering the secrets of her nation’s past and unleashing the demons that sleep at its heart.
- The Love Match is a rom-com about a Bangladeshi American teen whose meddling mother arranges a match to secure their family’s financial security—just as she’s falling in love with someone else.
- Highly Suspicious and Unfairly Cute is a romance book by Talia Hibbert about a quirky content creator and a clean-cut athlete testing their abilities to survive the great outdoors.
- Spice Road by Maiya Ibrahim is a fantasy book about sixteen-year-old Imani who has an affinity for iron and is able to wield a dagger and must fight to find her brother, whose betrayal is now the country’s greatest threat.
- River Sing Me Home by Eleanor Shearer is a literacy fiction about a mother’s gripping journey across the Caribbean to find her stolen children in the aftermath of slavery.
- The Survivalists by Kashana Cauley is about a single Black lawyer who puts her career and personal moral code at risk when she moves in with her coffee entrepreneur boyfriend and his doomsday-prepping roommates.
- Friday I’m in Love by Camryn Garrett is an LGBT+ book about Mahila who was struck with the idea of a coming-out party without worrying about things like bills or snide remarks and pitying looks.
- They’re Watching You by Chelsea Ichaso is a mystery book about Mauren, the search for her friend ‘Polly’ who was considered a runaway and the secret society always watching.
- A Day of Fallen Night by Samantha Shannon is the standalone prequel to The Priory of the Orange Tree that shows you a course of events that shaped it for generations to come.
- The Thick and the Lean by Chana Porter is a fantasy book about three people: an aspiring chef, a cyberthief, and a kitchen maid each wanting to break free of a society that wants to constrain them.
- Sorry, Bro by Taleen Voskuni is a queer contemporary book about an Armenian-American woman on a journey to rediscover her roots and embraces who she really is after her non-Armenian boyfriend’s proposal to her.
- Age of Vice by Deepti Kapoor is a fiction thriller where money, pleasure, and power are everything, and the family ties that bind can also kill.
- Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo is the second book in the Alex Stern series, where Alex is determined to break Darlington out of purgatory with a simple plan that might cost her, a future at Lethe and at Yale.
- The Neighbor Favor by Kristina Forest is a book about a shy bookworm ‘Lily Greene’ who enlists her charming neighbour ‘Nick Brown’ to help her score a date, not knowing he’s the obscure author she’s been corresponding with.
- The Last Tale of the Flower Bride by Roshani Chokshi is a fantasy gothic about a marriage that is unravelled by dark secrets, a friendship cursed to end in tragedy and the danger of believing in fairy tales.
- The Crane Husband by Kelly Barnhill is a fantasy book about a pragmatic teenage girl forced to grow up faster than was fair and do whatever it takes to protect her family — when her mother brings home a six-foot-tall crane with a menacing air.
- Wildblood by Lauren Blackwood is a Young Adult book about an Eighteen-year-old Victoria who was kidnapped at six and manipulated — has to decide, if a promotion at a corrupt company is really what she wants.
- She Is a Haunting by Trang Thanh Tran is a Vietnam Horror book. Jade and her family are hunted by a house with a terrifying appetite.
- Delicious Monsters by Liselle Sambury is a psychological thriller that follows two teen girls navigating the treacherous past of a mysterious mansion ten years apart.
- Full Exposure by Thien-Kim Lam is a romance book about two people ‘Josie and Spencer’ who are connected over their artistic pursuits — each with a life of their own in different states as they find a way to choose between personal and professional passion.
On The Blog: Read the 20 Journaling Prompts That You Can Try Blog Post
- Always the Almost by Edward Underhill is about a trans pianist who makes a New Year’s resolution to win regionals and win back his ex, but a new boy complicates things.
- For Her Consideration by Amy Spalding is an LGBT+ Romance book about bad breakups, finding families, and embracing life.
- Seven Faceless Saints by M.K. Lobb is the first book in the Seven Faceless Saints series, where our main character is willing to do whatever it takes to dismantle the corrupt system — tapping into her powers as a disciple of Patience, joining the rebellion, and facing the boy who broke her heart
- Our Share of Night is a horror book about a grieving father and his young son who discover that they’ve inherited a terrible legacy when their extended family turns out to be a cult of brutal vampires and In-laws.
- Black Candle Women by Diane Marie Brown is a book about the Generations of Montrose women with the secret of a decades-old family curse that any person they fall in love with dies.
- The House of Eve by Sadeqa Johnson is a book that explores what it means to be a woman and a mother, and how much one is willing to sacrifice to achieve her greatest goal.
- Chaos Theory by Nic Stone is a book about mental illness, loss and discovering you are worthy of love between two teens: a certified genius living with bipolar disorder and a politician’s son who is running from his own addiction and grief.
- Feed Them Silence by Lee Mandelo is a science fiction about Dr Sean Kell-Luddon, who want to carry out an experiment to see the world through animal eyes
- What are your anticipated 2023 releases?
- Spot any on the list?
- Did you find any new books to add to your collection?
- Which of the nook listed is a no go for you? tell me everything in the comments!